The Bluheron Story
Naming a business is a giant leap and it isn’t easy. Bluheron Coaching & Consulting owes it’s name to Kathy’s love of nature and the outdoors.
But it’s more than that…
The Great Blue Heron is one of Kathy’s favorite birds. It mirrors Kathy’s values and parallels Kathy’s personality.
- Not flamboyant nor boastful, the blue heron blends in. It’s a keen observer of its surroundings.
- Quiet and often solitary when “working”, the heron gets its work done without disturbing the rest of the environment
- Focused. Blue herons know what they are looking for. Their eyes can see through
even murky water without distortion and make sense of it all.
- Purposeful, when herons fly there’s no wasted energy. They don’t zig and zag. They choose a course and take it.
- Patient and adaptable, herons will stand firm and be persistent. They understand there is a time for everything.
- Open and tolerant, herons are fine with other wildlife around them. They know that working with others is nature’s way and that there’s abundance for all.
- Paced. Watch a blue heron in flight. Its wings undulate. Repeated movements take them forward. There‘s no frantic flapping.
- Direct, like many fishing birds, when herons see what they are after and they take immediate action.
- Communal, although often alone, during certain seasons of life, herons gather in rookeries. These communities provide relationships and support.